Soldier - Why does VIA only recommend a few schools for the degree program I selected?
VIA will provide a list of recommended schools that offer the degree you have selected (or one very similar to it) and that are offered online or in a classroom within 50 miles of the preferred zip code you specified in your VIA preference questions. Frequently, there may only be a small number of schools that offer the degree you selected online or near you. If you wish to attend a school that VIA has not recommended, you can use the search tool to search for schools by name, by a different zip code, or other search criteria. VIA will return these schools in the search results and as long as the school offers the degree you have selected for your degree goal, you will be able to select the school as your home school.
Schools are recommended based on their relevance to you and the selections you’ve made in previous steps. Schools higher on the recommendation list are VIA’s “Best Fit/Best Value” recommendations for you.
VIA bases its relevance score on a combination of five factors:
- Admissions Profile: How likely are you to meet the school’s admissions standards?
- Preferences: How well does the school align with the preferences you indicated in the About You section?
- Soldier Outcomes: How have other Soldiers performed who previously used TA at this school?
- School Outcomes: How has the general population attending this school performed?
- Cost: What is the average semester hour cost for classes at this school compared to other schools?
Need more help?
- Select the link below to contact your Army Education Counselor for assistance.
- Select the "GoArmyEd Assistance Center" link in the left menu to return to the main page.
- Select topics in the Related Topics section below: