Soldier - What happens after I complete VIA?
After completing and submitting VIA, a helpdesk case will be created on your behalf. Your selections will be routed to an Army Education Counselor at your Education Center for approval. You can track the status of your approval request from your GoArmyEd homepage or Student Record.
You will receive an email confirming that your selections have been approved. After you are approved, you are ready to start requesting Tuition Assistance (TA) for your classes. When you request TA for your first class, you will be prompted to complete a Common Application for your school and sign an electronic TA Statement of Understanding as a last required step.
If your selections are not approved, you will receive an email with details on why
your selections were not approved. You can make changes to your selections in VIA and resubmit for approval.
Need more help?
- Select the link below to contact your Army Education Counselor for assistance.
- Step-by-step Instructions: For detailed steps on how to enroll in a class select the link below:
How to request Tuition Assistance through the Tuition Assistance process in GoArmyEd:
- Video: Select the link below to view the video on how to How to enroll in a Class.
- Select the "GoArmyEd Assistance Center" link in the left menu to return to the main page.
- Select topics in the Related Topics section below: