What do I need to do to use my Common Access Card (CAC) card in GoArmyEd for the first time?
To log into GoArmyEd using your CAC, you must have the following:
- Valid CAC
- CAC Reader
- Updated and valid Department of Defense (DoD) certificates associated to your CAC
- Valid Personal Identification Number (PIN) associated with your CAC
- Internet Explorer (Version 11 or higher), which is the only supported browser for CAC usage
To log in using your CAC for the first time, complete the following steps:
STEP 1: Using Internet Explorer, select the new “Smart Card Log In” button or the CAC icon on the GoArmyEd Public page.
The following pop-up will appear. Select “OK.”
The “Logging in with Common Access Card (CAC)” message will display.
STEP 2: You will be prompted to select a security certificate. It is recommended to select a Department of Defense (DoD) Certificate. Then select “OK”.
STEP 3: Next, enter your “PIN” when prompted and“OK”.
STEP 4: The “Common Access Card (CAC) Login Wizard” window will display. You will be prompted to enter your GoArmyEd “User Name” and “Password.” After entering your “User Name” and “Password” select “Log In”.
IMPORTANT: If applicable, you will be presented with any accounts that the system recognizes as associated to you.
- If additional accounts are found, the CAC Login Wizard will prompt you to enter the “Password” for those accounts to authenticate and associate them to your CAC.
- If no additional accounts are found, the CAC Login Wizard will skip this step.
STEP 5: The CAC Login Wizard will provide you with a list of accounts that have been associated to your CAC and allow you to choose which one to log in as. Enter the “Password” for the accounts you wish to associate. Then select “Associate User Names”. If you do not want to associate any additional accounts select “Next”.
STEP 6: In the final step of the process, the wizard will display the account(s) that have been successfully associated to your CAC. Select the account you would like to sign in as.
The system will log into the selected account.
The GoArmyEd Homepage for the account you have selected will appear.
Need more help?
- Step-by-step Instructions: For detailed steps on Setting up CAC Access in GoArmyEd select the link below:
- Video: Select the link below to view the video on setting up CAC access in GoArmyEd:
- Select the "GoArmyEd Assistance Center" link in the left menu to return to the main page.
- Select topics in the Related Topics section below: