Army Civilian/Apprentice - How do I drop/cancel a Standard Form (SF) 182?
It is important you understand the potential financial impacts you may incur with the Army before you process a withdrawal. Timing is important.
- You may withdraw an SF 182 without penalty before the START DATE of the course.
- If you withdraw an APPROVED SF 182, after the START DATE of the course has passed, the following will occur:
- Your GoArmyEd account will be placed on hold until your school or vendor invoices for the course and financial costs incurred by the Army are known
- Your training application will automatically expire (unless it is for a program that requires multiple classes to complete, such as an Academic Degree Training program)
- You may be subject to financial recoupment by the Army
To withdraw your're SF 182, complete the following steps:
STEP 1: Select the “Manage” button in the SF 182 column to the right of the course/program for which your SF 182 is associated in the Army Civilian Training Application section of your GoArmyEd homepage.
STEP 2: Your SF 182 will display. Scroll to the bottom of the SF 182 form to the SF 182 Status box. The status will appear as either “Pending” or “Approved.”
STEP 3:Regardless of the SF 182 Status, if it is before the START DATE of the course, you may withdraw your SF 182 without penalty.
To withdraw the SF 182, scroll down to the SF 182 Status box and use the drop-down arrow to change the status from “Pending” to “Withdrawal.” If your SF 182 is in “Approved” status and you need to withdraw your SF 182, scroll down to the SF 182 Status box and use the dropdown arrow to change the status from “Approved” to “Withdrawal.”
STEP 4: A “Withdrawal Reason” drop-down menu will display to the right of the SF 182 Status box.
Select the “Withdrawal Reason” from the drop-down where you have two options based on the following:
- PERSONAL WITHDRAWAL: Select the “Personal Withdrawal” option if you are withdrawing the SF 182 for a personal reason. Personal reasons include unexcused reasons, non-essential conflicts or personal leisure activities.medical or family. If you submit a Personal Withdrawal request for an Approved SF 182 after the start date of the course has passed, your SF 182 will be cancelled immediately.
- OPERATIONAL OR CANCELLATION: Select “Operational or Cancellation” if you have a valid work related/mission critical reason to withdraw your SF 182. This may also include medical/hospitalization, hardship, and/or school/vendor cancellation.
- Please note an Operational or Cancellation Request must be command endorsed.
- You must upload a signed “Operational or Cancellation Withdrawal Justification Memorandum" to your GoArmyEd eFile in your student record before your operational Operational or Ccancellation withdrawal request may be approved by your Training Manager or Career Program Manager. You must upload the Justification Memorandum within 60 calendar days of submitting your operational Operational or cancellation Cancellation withdrawal request or your request will be denied and treated as a personal withdrawal.
- If you submit an operational Operational or cancellation Cancellation withdrawal request for an Approved SF 182 after the start date of the course has passed, your SF 182 will be cancelled immediately in GoArmyEd and your operational Operational or cancellation Cancellation withdrawal request will be automatically routed to your Career Program Manager or Training Manager for approval.
- If your operational Operational or cancellation Cancellation withdrawal request is not approved within 90 days of submission, your request will be denied and treated as a personal withdrawal.
STEP 5: Select the “Submit” button to process your request.
NOTE: If you are withdrawing your SF 182 within X 5 amount of days of the class start date, you will receive a pop-up message that displays,"You have elected to withdraw from this course. As the start date is X days away, please review your vendor's cancellation policy before withdrawing from the course. You may be subject to financial recoupment."
- You must notify your school or vendor as soon as possible that you are withdrawing from the course since withdrawing your SF 182 in GoArmyEd does not withdraw you from your course with your school or vendor.
- Many schools and training vendors have a partial refund policy if you notify them of a withdrawal early; therefore, do not delay in confirming your withdrawal with the school or vendor’s registration or billing office.
Need more help?
- Contact your Career Program Manager or Training Manager for further assistance.
- Step-by-step Instructions: For detailed steps on how to upload your Operational or Cancellation Withdrawal Justification Memorandum, select the link below:
- Video: Select the link below to view the video on how to upload your Operational or Cancellation Withdrawal Justification Memorandum:
- Select the "GoArmyEd Assistance Center" link in the left menu to return to the main page.
- Select topics in the Related Topics section below: