Soldier/Army Civilian/Apprentice - How do I track my case?
You can do the following after creating a Helpdesk:
- View Open Cases
- View Closed Cases
- Request a Status on a Case
- Respond to a case that has been returned to you asking for more information
From your GoArmyEd Homepage, scroll to the Helpdesk Cases section.
Viewing Open Cases
STEP 1: All of your current and closed cases can be viewed from this section. To view open cases, select “Open +Pending Surveys” from the “Display” drop-down.
STEP 2: Select the “Case ID” of the case you would like to view.
STEP 3: The case displays in a window on your homepage. Here you can find all details regarding your case.
Scroll to the bottom of the window to “Take Action” or “Close Case.”
Requesting a Status on a Case
STEP 1: To Request Status on an existing Helpdesk case, from the Helpdesk Resource page, you will see the “Request Case Status” field. It will be populated with one of the following statuses:
• Status Requested – This button is displayed when a user has already requested status for a particular case, but status has not been given. The button has no action associated and will be disabled.
• View Status – This button is displayed when status has been provided for a particular case. If the status is Add Note or Escalate Case, the text of the status can be viewed quickly by selecting this button.
• Request Status – This button displays for all cases that are assigned to end-users and reside in a user’s My Cases queue. When this button is selected, a status request will be initiated; a confirmation message will appear.
• Not Applicable – This button will appear when a case is unassigned. No action is associated with this button and it will remain disabled.
To receive a status update, select the “Request Status” button.
A pop up will appear asking you to confirm you would like to request status for this case. Select “OK”.
STEP 2: When your request has been processed, you can select the “View Status” to see the details related to your case.
STEP 3: The Case Status Received pop-up will appear. Here you will see the action being taken on your case. Select “OK” to return to your GoArmyEd Homepage.
Responding to a case that has been returned to you asking for more information
STEP 1: If you have a case on your dashboard that states Request for more Info under Last Updated Comments. Select the the list icon under Case Details.
The Review Open Case Details window appears.
Scroll to the bottom of the window, and select the “Take Action on Case” button.
STEP 2: The Review Open Case Details window appears.
Scroll to the bottom and enter the information requested in your case into the Enter New Action box.
If applicable, you may upload any documentation needed by selecting the “Browse” button and selecting the file on your computer.
When you have attached documentation (if applicable) and provided the requested information, select “Submit Actions Taken.” This will route your information to the user who had previously taken your case.
Need more help?
- Soldiers: Select the link below to contact your Army Education Counselor for assistance.
- Step-by-step Instructions: For detailed steps on how to track your Helpdesk case select the link below:
- Select the "GoArmyEd Assistance Center" link in the left menu to return to the main page.
- Select topics in the Related Topics section below: