Soldier - How do I know if I am eligible to use my TA benefits?
You are eligible for TA:
- Upon successfully completing one year of service following graduation from initial military training (Advanced Individual Training (AIT) for Enlisted personnel and Warrant Officer Basic Course (WOBC) or Basic Officer Leadership Course (BOLC) for Officers)
- After completion of 10 years of service, you are eligible for TA for a second, higher-level post-bachelor’s degree. This applies to movement from a bachelor’s to a master’s degree and not from an associate’s to a bachelor’s degree. The 10-year requirement only applies if Army TA was used to pay for any portion of the undergraduate coursework.
Need more help?
- Select the link below to contact your Army Education Counselor for assistance.
- Select the "GoArmyEd Assistance Center" link in the left menu to return to the main page.
- Select topics in the Related Topics section below: