Soldier - Why am I on a Civilian Education hold and how do I remove it?
A Civilian Education hold has been placed on your account because your education level is either missing in GoArmyEd, you have completed a master’s or higher level degree, or your current degree level is not allowed based on the Civilian Designator Code.
Please ensure the Civilian Designator Code reflects your current academic status by contacting your personnel office:
- Active Regular Army Soldiers should contact their Personnel Administration Center (PAC)/S1 to update ITAPDB
- Active Duty Officers/Warrant Officers should contact their Assignment Officer to updated TOPMIS
- U.S. Army Reserve Soldiers should contact their Unit Administrator/S1 to update RCMS
- National Guard Soldiers should their contact State Unit Administrator/State PSB to update SIDPERS
When the information is updated, it will be updated in the Army Personnel Database and then provided to GoArmyEd. The hold will then be resolved.
Need more help?
- Review the Quick Reference Guide:
- Select the link below to contact your Army Education Counselor for assistance.
- Select the "GoArmyEd Assistance Center" link in the left menu to return to the main page.