Soldier - What is the Army’s Tuition Assistance (TA) Grade Point Average (GPA)?
The Army’s GPA is independent of a GPA with your home school. It is calculated by averaging the grades for each completed class in your Student Record. When the TA GPA falls below the stated thresholds, you are not eligible to participate in the Army tuition assistance program.
- If you have completed 15 or more semester hours of TA-funded undergraduate courses, you must maintain a 2.0 Army TA Grade Point Average (GPA) to receive additional TA.
- If you have completed six or more SH of TA-funded graduate classes, you must maintain a 3.0 Graduate Army TA GPA to receive additional TA.
Need more help?
- Select the link below to contact your Army Education Counselor for assistance.
- Select the "GoArmyEd Assistance Center" link in the left menu to return to the main page.
- Select topics in the Related Topics section below: